Do you ever use Microsoft word and have to constantly change one setting or the other. There are many annoying automations in Microsoft Word, which can often lead to a break in flow as you type along. Here is a list of the most commonly annoying ones and ways to remove it.
- Change in letter case while typing: Autocorrect in Word typically corrects commonly misspelled words as you type them, and changes the case of letters in the beginning of sentence, table cell or line. You may remove this from the AutoCorrect dialog box, and choose the AutoCorrect tab to uncheck any option that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Unexpected insertion of symbols while typing words: See the AutoCorrect tab and choose the wrong entry in Replace column. Now select Delete, and select the Replace text as you type option.
- Automatic addition of numbers or bullets in the beginning of lines: This can be disabled by deselecting any options regarding Automatic bulleted lists and Automatic numbered lists. They are in the Apply as you type group.
- Hyperlink Creation when you type a web or email address: Remove options for Internet and network paths with hyperlinks in the Replace as you type group.
- Words converting fractions into formatted symbols: Turn off action by deselecting the option Fractions (1/2) with fraction character situated in Replace as you type group.
- Quote marks turned into curly characters: If you wish to have straight quote marks, move to Replace as you type grouping and turn off Straight quotes with smart quotes.
- Superscript maker: Uncheck option Ordinals (1st) with superscript located in Replace as you type group to avoid changing ordinal number to superscripts.
- Insertion of typographical dashes when you type hyphens: Word automatically converts hyphen to an em dash if you type a word, two hyphens and another word with no space in between. Else, an en dash appears if there is a space before or after hyphens. Deselect Hypens (–) with dash in Replace as you type.
- Insertion of a borderline in the document if you type more than two equal signs, asterisks or hyphens: This is a particularly annoying action which can be disabled by unselecting the option Border lines located in the Apply as you type grouping.
If you have still have issues with your Word contact Microsoft help line. Microsoft help line offers very good customer service to consumers and your issues are fixed almost immediately. Learn more features of Microsoft Word and become a professional user.Google+